The Regional Police Academy has scheduled classes for “Crime Scene Core Course” and “Criminal Drug Interdiction Techniques and Concealment Locations”.
Crime Scene Core Course:
When: November 18-21 (32 hours)
Location: Police Academy.
Criminal Drug Interdiction Techniques and Concealment Locations:
About: The Regional Police Academy will host this class provided by Public Agency Training Council (PATC) January 6-8, 2014. No cost to agencies in the academy’s service region but enrollment is limited to 30 for them. Those outside the Jefferson/Hardin/Orange county region may register directly with PATC. Class is 20 hours in duration. Length of Seminar: 2.5 Days. Instructor: Greg Goltz
Course Overview: Students will see firsthand how Criminal patrol techniques can yield large and small drug and other type arrests from traffic stops and other legal contacts with people of society regardless of age, sex, race, gender or any other class or designation. These students will learn about the growing number of drugs they may see in their area and how to battle them. The students will learn how to put these legal techniques into place with these types of contacts after completing the class.
Upon Completion: Each student will have been provided the instruction to:
- Learn the History of contraband saturation into the U.S. and how over time the trends and patterns have shifted
- Identify legal traffic stops
- Identify the conversational questions and concealed interviews during the encounter
- Identifying indicators
- Detect that some terrorists networks are tied to drugs and how to stop them
- Requesting Consent legally
- Identifying search and seizure laws especially search incident to arrest, probable cause, consent and other legal techniques
- Properly using K-9’s and the case law pertaining to their deployments
- Identify how be more officer safety conscious
- How actual search techniques should escalate
- Locating hidden contraband in very sophisticated compartments
- Identify Cover loads
- What to do after criminal activity or contraband is located
- Documenting these arrests properly
- How Controlled deliveries can develop into more arrests and the perks with them
- Recognize Escort/Decoy Vehicles and the awareness with them needed
- Identify Currency seizure procedures and how they benefit your agency….AND MORE
Students will learn the incredible advanced concealment places in land vehicles that smugglers and other people involved with drugs hide the drugs, weapons and currency.
Gary Duncan MPA, LCC
Director/Regional Police Academy
Lamar Institute of Technology
Providing Quality Law Enforcement Training Since 1968